CONSULTATIONS OF "CICERO" CENTER
Hyperactivity is a set of symptoms associated with excessive mental and motor activity. Hyperactive children often have attention deficit disorder, therefore often when hyperactivity is proved, dual diagnosis appears - ADDH (attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity). ADDH is neurological and behavioral development disorder that begins in childhood. There are three types of disorders: cases with attention deficit (SAD), hyperactivity and impulsivity (SAD with hyperactivity and impulsivity) and the mixed type that includes all three symptoms.
Children with this diagnosis has minimal brain dysfunction, which causes deviations in behavior and poor coordination of movements, a small developmental delay, learning difficulties, speech defects, light neurological disorders, which are revealed in the course of inspection.
According to some data this disorder is present in the 3-5% of people, including both children and adults. ADDH is more common among boys. Relative prevalence among boys and girls ranges from 3:1 to 9:1.
In 30-70 % of cases the symptoms of ADDH proceed to the adult age. Many adults have this problem and who has not been diagnosed in childhood do not realize that this is exactly the reason of their inability to keep attention, difficulties in learning new material, in the organization of the space around them and interpersonal relationships.
Symptoms of ADDH
Usually the symptoms of ADDH of children begin to occur at the age of 2-3 years old. However, in most cases the parents go to the doctor, when a child starts to go to school, and he faces learning problems, which are the consequence of hyperactivity.
There are several criteria for ADDH diagnostics:
• inattention: the inability to concentrate on small things, making mistakes by negligence, carelessness, fast switch from subject to subject, it seems that the child does not listen words addressed to him, it is difficult for him to follow the instructions, and regulations, forgetful, easily distracted, cannot organize his work
• hyperactivity: the frequent movement of the feet, hands, aimless active actions, too much noise when playing, completing tasks, constant physical activity, talkativeness, such children often stand up from their seat during lessons, walk around the class
• impulsiveness: fast answers to questions without thinking, inability to wait for a long time, to stand in line; child constantly bothers other people, intervenes.
Characteristic features of the behavior are absent-mindedness, negativism, restlessness, carelessness, frequent changes in mood, stubbornness, irritability, aggression. Such children are often caught in the center of the unfolding events, as they are the most noisy. Hyperactive child does not understand the task, hardly absorbs any new skills. Quite often self-estimation of hyperactive children is underestimated. The child does not know how to relax during the day, and calms down only during sleep.
Despite the differences in the types of disorders, most experts believe a comprehensive approach to be the most effective; it combines several methods individually selected for each particular case. Methods of behavior modification, psychotherapy, educational and neuropsychological correction are used.
THE CONTENTS OF THE COURSE:
Correctional and developmental activities include work with the child, parents, and family.
Psychological and pedagogical consultation for parents: formation of conventional «borders» and rhythm in the life of the child -
observance of the day regimen, establishment of rhythm in household and educational activities;
consistent combination of active and relaxing rhythms in the implementation of the actions
Psychological, pedagogical, correctional and developing work with children combines work on correction of ADDH and correction of functions with developmental delay:
Performance of the sequential rhythmical actions according to the instructions under the account or musical accompaniment
- development of fine motor skills;
- development of general motor skills;
- coordination of speech with movement (with elements of speech therapy).
Development of psycho-physiological functions:
objectified forming of self-regulation and self-control skills.
The development of mental functions:
Execution of exercises in the form of a game, which require concentration and retention of arbitrary visual and auditory attention
- formation of an auditory and visual attention, memory, thinking processes;
- development of cognitive interests;
Development of speech:
- development of phonetic perception;
- development of the speech grammatical system, including the use of automated series, rhythmic texts, speech training based on specific syllabic structure of speech, language, sentence structure, prosodic clearance phrase;
- work on the construction of phrases.
FORM OF TRAINING:
Classes are held 2 times a week for 45 minutes in a form of an amusing game play. Efforts of multidisciplinary professionals: speech therapists, educational psychologists, neurologists and other help to cope with the existing problem.
The whole complex of methods of pedagogical correction, psychotherapy and medication treatment with timely diagnosis will help hyperactive children to compensate for the disruption and to be fully realized in life.
We wish You and Your child patience and good luck!